Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Its over!

This is the first entry that I have had since the dreaded final exam which ended last Sunday. Yes, you heard that right, SUNDAY. In this place called Kelantan, people prefer working on Sundays instead of Friday's as they have a certain appointment at noon. This is really something that I found quite distasteful as the thought of studying on Sunday kinda disgust me.:p
Anyway, after 6 weeks of exile in the 'Bookara desert', its finally time for some rest and peace. To be honest, there is too much time and too little things to do currently.^^

I am currently still in the campus waiting for the result to be announce tomorrow afternoon. Here, instead of checking the results online or through the phone, we have a system of announcing the names of those who pass in the final exams both for the medical students and also the dental students. In the 5 years of studies, there are a total of 3 final exams in my university. One each in the first, third and final year. If somehow you failed the exam, you will be doomed to repeat another year of the same thing. And if you are 'lucky' enough and failed twice, you'll be shown the door. The result for this years other 2 finals have already been out last month, with the final year students scoring a 100% passing rate. On the other hand, the first years also made so historic contribution, contributing a total of 82 students in the dental and medic course add together who failed and also 8 who had failed twice. This is the first time in the 3 years that I have been here that I've actually seen people leaving in such circumstances. It is really unfortunate that this things happen. The most shocking thing is that the Malay guys in the first year dental course is almost wipe out. Only one of them is left in the 2nd year to be dental course. Talk about 'last man standing'. I can only hope that tomorrow's announcement will be good news for all of us in the 3rd year.

For the last 3 days, I have been doing nothing but eat, sleep and watch movies. Only now I notice that having nothing to do is actually hellish. Most of my friends around have gone back with most going back tomorrow and the day after. By Friday, this place is going to be left with only 2nd year students who are taking their end of semester exam next week(all the best guys!and girls!) So now, I am in BOREDia...haih. Nevertheless, its really good to have all the time of the world. And with the Champions League final tonight, I will have something to look forward to. :)

0 comments: