Saturday, December 6, 2008

With great profession comes great responsibility...

Lately, my group had organized a program for residents in Kelantan who suffer from diabetes mellitus. From the hospital database, we were able to gather the information of those diabetic patients and invite them to our function.

Organizing such an activity is kind of fun. You get the chance to learn and also service the community around you. However, there is something that I've come to notice during the course of the preparation of this activity.

Everyone only recognizes money!
We tried inviting several dietitian, cook and nurse to help in our function. I appreciate the help given by the nurse and the dietitian. BUT, for the cook...that where the problem comes. In my opinion, all professional personals should be, erm, professional. We work not only for money, but we are trying to service the community around us as well. The cook was from HUSM, and it was for an activity by USM students. From all my experience over the past 4 years, whenever we ask doctors for help, they do not ASK FOR MONEY, sometimes, they even sponsor us to help make the event better. However, the very first question that the cook ask us was simple and straight to point, ' I normally work for RM XXX for a session. How much do your group want to pay me?'

What the XXXX? I feel annoyed by this kind of attitude. It just makes me think that some people are just cheap to the bone. A person making so much money everyday, and he can't give a one hour cooking class to help diabetic patients without thinking about money. I have always thought that professionals should always do their best to help the community. These people seriusly disgust me. I'm sad to say that even thought there are people who care about others, a lot of us has become the slave of money. Everything we do, everything that we think of, is not far away from money.

This might be what we see on the outside. But the inside...






Is definitely like this!!!














AND THIS, IS OUR SLOGAN OF THE CENTURY...

NO MONEY,
NO TALK!!!

0 comments: