Wednesday, October 14, 2009

13th Oct

Yesterday started off with me missing the morning rounds for the 3rd week in a row... I have been so lazy in going to the morning rounds lately. Rather spend my time studying in room or watch movie and surf the net. The aura of laziness has ensnared me since the week of holiday. I was looking forward for a full free day, until at night at least, to do my case report or study a bit since end posting exam was just next week. Nevertheless, the best laid plans was burnt to soot as i soon received a message saying that a replacement class will be held that afternoon. And i was one of the person doing the short-case presentation. I was half excited and half worried. Excited as its one chance to practice like in the exams, but worried for my lack of knowledge. For some obvious reasons, my self confidence has been running low ever since i entered medical school except for some occasional boost.
By around noon(basically just an hour after i woke up XD), i was hungry and was really tempted to make a call to McD for a delivery. However, i decided against the temptation and ate bread and drank a small box of milk instead. Munching on my bread, i also started to surf the net for some news regarding the red hot MCA. CSL and OTK aint my favourite person, but its such a joy watching them tear each other apart. In-fighting is such a typical prelude of a collapse of a dynasty or era or watever u wana call it. When i finished, it was around 1 oclock. I wanted to do my report, but with 230pm(the time for the class) looming, i feel i would be doing it half heartedly and went to watch an episode of CSI instead. Darn lazy bug won again. Its 2-0 to the lazy bug.
As i was about to step out of my room to go to the class, i received another message saying the class was postponed again to the following morning. Dang! Another sudden change of event. As I told my friend about the cancelled class, we decided to order McD for lunch. So much for resisting temptation. The delivery reached around 330pm. By that time, I have already finished one part of my report. As the time was neither lunch time nor dinner time, i decided that tis would be my 'luch-ner'. I soon came to regret it when i went to play football in the evening. My whole stomach was full of food. It was so hard for my feet to carry my extra heavy body around, it was much more harder when there was food. Playing football in my campus nowadays is darn hard as there simply isnt much of us chinese playing. The most we could get was around 10 people. Too many Aces aka bigcards around i guess. lolz. Eventually, we had to join the indians to play for the day as there were only 4 of us. It was so frustrating playing with people who just cant appreciate ur contribution. Scoring a goal was the only thing i could do to show a freaking fella who keeps on shouting at me and boy was i glad i scored a goal. Nah, eat that!
After bathing and resting a bit, I went to the hospital for the night's teaching. This was supposed to be done in this afternoon as well but was delayed as the doctor wasnt free. My frend B and SC was supposed to be presenting short cases for this session. By the time the class started, B was still nowhere to be seen. According to his sms, he was in a toilet somewhere, suffering from stomach ache. He has had a long history of stomach ache when he is at the ward. Sometimes i worry if he has any serious illness. Anyway, i took his place to present the short case instead.(he is suppose to take my place for the short case tmr morning, but we ll see...XD...no more stomach ache i hope.fingers crossed.) The doctor choose a case for me, and i was sweating my guts out when he told me to perform a neurological examination of the legs. I immediately remember joking with my roomate the day before saying that i might be so unlucky to get the examination for the legs. Turns out, this is exactly the topic i was saying. Never joke around at night man! And due to lack of practice, even though i knew what i nid to check for, i couldnt really do it. Added with my total nervousness, it turned out to be catastrophic. >.< Yeeshhhhh! Nevertheless, i was glad i took B's place. I would rather the mistakes happening now rather than during the exams. haha. Which reminds me, the FB lucky meter told me i was 26% lucky today... Perharps it was rite?lolz

And not to forget, Happy birthday dad!

0 comments: