Wednesday, April 2, 2008

John Goddard, an inspiration...

John Goddard's "Life List"

John Goddard is most known for his amazing “Life List” of accomplishments. At the age of fifteen John Goddard listed 127 goals he wished to experience or achieve in his lifetime. The list is impressive and audacious, but the results have been truly incredible.

http://www.johngoddard.info/life_list.htm


After reading this website and also from some information from Wikipedia, I suddenly noticed that all my life, I basically accomplished nothing! Its really like a wake-up call for me. Basically, since I was 7, I think my life style has been the same for everyday of my life. From waking up in the morning, then going to classes and doing revision. I think I have missed so much of life. And then, i haven't been traveling much as well. I've almost never went out of the country before.(almost never because I actually went to Singapore with my family when I was 5, but then, there wasn't any memories from then :p) 22 years of life wasted!

It was until my girlfriend's introduction to John Goddard, that I come to realise that we need to set some targets in our life. Yeah, maybe we can't achieve all of them, but at least we did our best to accomplish it. I don't want to look back on life when I'm old and thinking of what it could've been. So, now I made myself a small list of things I want to do, and maybe to extend it time after time^^


Here's the list:
1. To finish the medical course with the minimum time, which is 5 years without the need of repeating.
2. To at least get an A for once during the period of my life as a medical student.
3. To learn scuba diving
4. To travel to a)Australia
b)Singapore
c)England
d)Italy
e)Japan
5. To be able to drop my weight to around 75kg and maintain it. (currently is around 88kg, yeah I know, I am fat!)
6. To be a decent person.(responsible, kind, knowledgeable...)
7. To create a blog and maintain it.
8. To own a beautiful house with a seaside view.
9. To be a millionaire by the age of 40.
10. To assemble a desktop from parts.

So, that completes the list(for now^^). Let's see how long it takes to complete it!

5 comments:

ORANGE said...

lets see if u can maintain ur blog...hehehe

madcat said...

ya ... lets see ...
i will always drop by tengok tengok

Anonymous said...

ur girlfriend introduce har?

well, most ns mates scoffed at john goddards list as another page filler in the ns module book

for me, i was spell bound. I had list down mine. Eversince then, some had materialised, some about to, and no doubt, some will

so...jiayou!!! to quote john goddard himself

"To dare is to do ... to fear is to fail."

richard said...

you're definitely right.though for me i go by this "to do is to have a chance of succeeding; not doing is an instant failure"

Anonymous said...

wakakakakaka...bleks...@_@

just wanna cha luan u